Lump and Bump on Forehead – Types And Treatments
Lump and Bump on Forehead
Have you started to notice lump and bump on the forehead of yours or others? Well, if yes then it’s time to take sheer care of your health because your body might be giving you some indications.
We don’t mean to scare you but it is important to pay attention to the lump or bump on the forehead and take precautionary measures before it’s too late.
Causes of Lump and Bump on Forehead
The birth of lump and bump on forehead can be linked with a number of skin conditions. Some lump and bump are formed inside the skin (causing damage to the skin tissues) while others tend to grow on the skin surface.
However, before starting the treatment process, you must be able to identify and understand the condition of lump and bump on the forehead.
What are Lump and Bump?
Lump and bump are the swelling on the hardest part of the forehead i.e. skull and tends to grow gradually with the passing time. The lump and bump on forehead are non-cancerous in nature and can be treated according to the reasons behind the growth.
Moreover, the growth of bump on forehead might be associated with normal skin conditions such as clogged pores, inflammation on the skin or hormonal disturbance. The bump on forehead can be treated by following some topical medication or home remedies.
Some of the anatomical reasons behind the causes of lump and bump on forehead are as follows:
If you have hit your forehead hard then, this factor might contribute to the birth of lump and bump on forehead. Injury on the forehead causes a disturbance in the flow of blood to the scalp and forehead thus resulting in bleeding inside the skin.
The bleeding further causes swelling and bruising on the skin surface leading to the formation of large lump and bump on the forehead. This condition is normally referred as a hematoma.
Most of the lump or bump on forehead due to head injury tend to go away gradually, however, to reduce the chances of extensive swelling, following measures can be taken.
Put Firm Pressure on the Bump with Clean Cloth or Bandage
For decreasing the swelling on the forehead, apply firm pressure with the help of clean cloth on the affected area for at least 15 minutes. This step will also facilitate in stopping the internal bleeding.
Application of Ice for Reducing Pain
Application of Ice or Icepack helps in reducing the pain, however, it will have no impact on the size of the bump. Apply ice daily on the area till the pain is less or finished.
Dose of Tylenol
If you are feeling pain in your head due to injury then, it is recommended to take pain killer such as Tylenol. In the case of severe condition, see the doctor immediately.
If the injury is serious in nature and injured person is unconscious then, see the doctor as soon as possible. Avoid any home remedies during the serious phase.
Growth of non-mobile Fatty Tissues
The accumulation of fatty tissues inside the skin is referred as the condition of Lipoma. Lipoma is usually colorless in nature, and soft textured. The bump of lipoma doesn’t usually bother the patient because it’s painless.
The reason behind the occurrence of Lipoma are still to be understood, however, few doctors hold the opinion, that birth of such lump and bump on forehead is associated with family history of lipoma, or may be a small injury during early ages.
If the lipoma lump and bump on forehead isn’t causing any sort of problem then, it can be left alone however, few medical treatment can be taken for early recovery.
Liposuction is the cosmetic treatment which aims to reduce the excess fat from the targeted area. Since Lipoma is the accumulation of fat cells under the skin, therefore, it is easy to remove this tumor with the help of liposuction.
Liposuction reduce the chances of lipoma if the bump is small and have connective tissues.
Lump Reducing Surgery
Lump reduction surgery is the medical treatment under which an incision is made on the targeted area and large tumors are removed.
This treatment aims to reduce the size of lump and bump on forehead, however, the effectiveness of steroid injections is still objectified due to the reoccurrence of lump after some years.
Dermoid Cyst is the formation of lump and bumps on forehead during the fatal development phase. A dermoid cyst is basically the combination of oil glands (sebaceous), hormonal hair, teeth or fluid inside the skin.
Since the Dermoid cyst is present at the birth, therefore, no particular body examination is needed for the diagnosis. Some doctors believe that presence of dermoid cyst is the initial indication of the sinuses linked with the nervous system.
As the birth of Dermoid Cyst lump and bump on forehead is associated with the fatal development. Therefore, it can be removed without complexities. Moreover, doctors prefer the removal of the cyst if it is painful in nature.
Dermoid Cyst can easily be removed with the help of cosmetic surgery where doctors tend to remove the fatty tissues from the targeted area.
The surgery of Dermoid Cyst should be performed after proper examination of the condition because the lack of care might lead to disturbance in the surrounding tissue thus causing infection.
For lump and bump on forehead, the excision endoscopic surgery is recommended for the effective results. This method also facilities in minimizing the chances of scarring on the forehead and eliminate the potential complications like numbness or mobility.
Medical Treatment due to Inflammation or Pain
Though it is hard to totally remove the dermoid cyst with the help of topical or oral medication. However, if the targeted area is paining or there is an increase the inflammation. Then, a particular medical treatment can be taken after the consultancy from doctor
Forehead Osteoma is another reason behind the growth of lump and bumps on forehead. Forehead osteoma is the medical condition in which bones start forming hard knots on forehead over time. Thus leading to the formation of lump and bump on forehead.
The growth of Forehead osteoma has no link with the health of the patient. However, it is advised to get proper health examination before taking any treatment.
Forehead Osteoma can be treated by undergoing the cosmetic surgeries like endoscopic or osteotomy.
Endoscopic For Osteoma
Endoscopic is the treatment for forehead Osteoma in which nerves are blocked with the help of local anesthesia. Then an incision is made in the targeted area (coronal) for the removing purpose. Moreover, this surgery can be performed by making a direct incision on the forehead osteoma.
The decision of endoscopic treatment is usually decided by the doctor and patients, collectively.
In this method, a direct chisel is made of the targeted bone and is removed through the remote incision on the forehead.
Above stated are not only the reason behind the lump and bump on forehead. However, the growth of bones inside the forehead or sinus infection might also lead to the forehead lump and bump.
Further Treatment Process: Product Review
If you couldn’t find any product to cure the lump and bump on your forehead then, it’s time to take help from the services of Amazon by buying the product of your own choice. The review of few reachable products will help you in finding the best match for your skin and getting rid of the bump on your forehead.
High time bump stopper is the ultimate solution to your forehead bump problems. The clinically proven formula of high time bump stopper not only help to prevent ingrown skin after razor, however, it can also reduce the chances of developing a bump on the forehead or any other facial part.
- Ideal bump treatment for men. This cream is the perfect option for those people who have curly and stubborn hair on face or forehead
- The double strength treatments aim to provide a rapid solution to the bump. It also reduces the skin sensitivity
- High time bump stopper ensures the effective results in less than 7 days.
How to Apply
- Apply high time bump stopper treatment twice a day.
- For effective results, it’s better to apply it after morning shave and before going to bed
Kerah Lane Organic Razor Bump formula is the ideal serum for those people who tend to use a razor for hair removal purposes on a frequent basis. This product can help in exfoliating the skin and aims to remove all the dead skin cells.
Additionally, Kerah Lane organic bump formula is also capable of working as the wrinkle reducer and can largely contribute in removing scar lines from the forehead.
- Clinically tested bump removal serum for both the genders
- Can help in reducing the chances of ingrown hair after razor treatment.
- Properly purifies the skin from all the excessive impurities.
- A good moisturizer option for people with highly sensitive skin.
- Consists of all the natural ingredients which means that product is free from potential chemicals which are capable of destroying the skin.
How to Use?
- Properly clean your face with water. Leave the skin little wet
- Put few drops of serum on your forehead, massage the area thoroughly for best results
- In order to reduce the chances of rebirth, massage the serum daily.
If you are looking for a product which could hydrate your skin pores and reduces the scars caused by forehead bump then, you should give a try to the organic ingrown hair and razor bump spray.
This spray can easily be used for curing all type of bump however, the people who use a razor for facial cleaning might be able to detect results earlier.
- An effective treatment for reducing bump on the forehead in less than a week.
- The best solution for all skin types. The combination of herbal and organic ingredients makes this product suitable for everyone
- Ice-Mint organic bump remover is also capable of soothing the face after electric razor and tend to relax the muscles in lesser time.
- Can be used by both men and women.
How to Use?
- Properly clean your face with water.
- Dry the area with wet tissues and apply the moisturizer gently on the affected area.
- Thoroughly massage the area for 10 minutes for best results
- Repeat the procedure daily. In case of extreme cases, repeat the procedure twice a day.
Rosacea and Seborrhea treatment kit is the full-coverage treatment or the bump on the forehead. This product not only aims to reduce the bumps, however, it is capable of reducing the itchiness caused on the skin due to bump irritation.
Bump Treatment kit is the best solution for those people who have sensitive skin.
- Light weighted cream for curing the stubborn bump on different parts of the forehead
- Cures the itchiness, inflammation, and cysts without disturbing the function of skin vessels
- Aim to reduce the sensitivity of the skin in a natural manner
- The natural ingredients tend to cure the skin in lesser time.
How to Apply?
- Wash your face with cleanser.
- Take the cream and apply it on the affected part only (forehead or the bumped area, not the entire face)
- Don’t put the cream near your eyes, as this behavior may lead to eye irritation
- Use once a day. During morning or before going to bed.
We totally understand that curing procedure is a time-taking element but we believe that there is nothing wrong in trying out professional treatments which are capable of curing the skin related issues in a go.
So which cream are you planning to buy? If you have any questions, feel free to ask them by leaving your comments below.